The “Race” For the Rest of Us Is Back . . . Register for the Blessings in a Backpack 0.5K
Have you ever wanted to participate in a charity race, but don’t actually want to run? We’ve got the “race” for you!
Join us JUNE 13, 2020, for the second annual Blessings in a Backpack 0.5K that will lampoon the typical 5K and raise money for a great cause — to feed hungry kids in Louisville on the weekends! For $35, participants will receive:
- Thornton’s donuts and Heine Brothers Coffee at the starting line + stretching (0.3 miles is nothing to take too lightly)
- Oval 0.5K sticker that you can attach to the rear window of your car to show everyone that a true athlete is behind the wheel!
- Hydration station at the halfway point (that’s .15 miles in) that serves carbs aka energy to get you to the finish line
- T-shirt, of course
- Participation medal and finish line photos
- A medial tent that may or may not be staffed (safety first!)
- Music, more food, and a family-friendly post-“race” party at The Pointe
- And much more (as we think of things)
Last year’s race, SOLD OUT. While we’ve expanded capacity for the 2020 event, we expect it to sell out again. Registration goes live SATURDAY, MARCH 7, at runsignup.com/LouisvillePoint5K.
Don’t feel like running? Then you should upgrade to a VIP. VIPs will hitch a ride across the 0.5K finish line in a Bourbon City Cruisers tuk-tuk. How awesome is that?!
All the fun stuff aside, we are serious about the end result — to raise money for Blessings in a Backpack. The money raised from the 2019 “race” helped Blessings in a Backpack’s Louisville Chapter provide hunger-free weekends for more than 70 kids this school year!
Blessings in a Backpack 0.5K event details:
- June 13, 2020 in Butchertown
- Starting line opens at 10:30 a.m.; “Race” begins at 11 a.m.
- Post-”race” party at The Pointe
- Register online at runsignup.com/LouisvillePoint5K
Thank you to our sponsors: Thornton’s, Derby City Gaming, Wagner Electric, The Pointe, Bourbon City Cruisers, and Heine Brothers.